vegetable loaded pulao/veg biryani is a perfect recipe for both dinner and lunch. It is very healthy and tasty because of lots of vegetables. It is very easy and can be cook in pressure cooker in less then half hour. Read and watch the recipe and cook this vegetable loaded pulao for your loved ones. This Recipe is the answer to the question how to make pulao.
Ingredients for vegetable pulao-
- Rice- 1 bowl
- Green peas- 1 bowl
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 2 tsp
- green chili- 5
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Potato- 1
- Carrot- 1
- Cabbage- 1 bowl (chopped)
- Oil- 4 tbsp
- Star anise- 2 (star flower)
- Bay leaf-1
- Cloves- 2
- Black pepper- 4
- Cashew- 8
- Water- 2 bowl
Recipe of vegetable pulao-
- Heat oil in pressure cooker.
- Add fennel seeds, let it split.
- Now add bay leaf, star anise, clove, black papper and cashew.
- Roast till cashew’s color changes slightly.
- Add chopped onion and green chilies cook well.
- Now add green peas and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all chopped veggies mix it well.
- Add tomato puree, salt and sugar.
- Mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add washed rice and mix it well.
- Cook it for 2 minutes and then add water(double of rice).
- Pack the pressure cooker and cook till 2 whistle.
- Open the pressure cooker when pressure relies automatically.
- Our tasty and healthy vegetable loaded pulao are ready to eat.
- Peel the tomato and make rose to decorate your pulao.
- For making the rose from tomato see my video recipe.
Tips for vegetable pulao-
- Taste the water of rice before pack the pressure cooker, water should have slightly sure and spicy so it will balance after rice cooked.
- Do not open pressure cooker by relies its pressure, open the pressure cooker when pressure relies automatically.
- You can add or remove veggies according to your taste.
- Add rice’s double quantity of water.
- Do not soak rice, if rice are soaked then decrease the quantity of water.
- Ratio of rice and water can be different in different type of rice, you can add according to your rice quality.
- If you are using frozen green peas then fry it for 30 seconds only.