Here is new recipe for these Navratri days. Kheer is very famous Indian dessert. It is rich and healthy dessert. So here is samak rice kheer recipe which is edible during fast. Samak rice are high fiber content, keeps our digestion smooth and helps lower cholesterol. It is a good source of essential minerals such as phosphorus, zinc and folate, which gives us energy and nurture our bones. Vitamins A, C and E are essential for overall health and immunity. Samak rice is also known as samo, bhagar, samvat, moriyo, mordhan, varai, vart ke chawal and vari.
Recipe video for samak rice kheer-
Ingredients for samak rice kheer-
- Samak rice- 1 cup
- Milk- 1 liter
- Sugar- 5 tbsp(according to taste)
- Cardamom’s powder- 2 pinch
- Dry fruits- almond, cashew, kishmish and Cuddapah almond
Recipe of samak rice kheer-
- Wash samak rice and keep it in bowl.
- Add some water in pan so milk will not stick or burn in pan.
- Add milk and boil it.
- After a boil add washed samak rice.
- Mix it well and boil til rice cooked completely.
- stir it in regular interval.
- After rice cooked completely add sugar and let it melt.
- Now add chopped dry fruits and cardamom’s powder.
- Mix it well and boil it about 1 minute.
- Now switch off the flame, samak rice kheer is ready to serve.
- For its best taste cool it in freeze and serve.