Rice Balls Recipe or Rice Pith or Rajasthani Gheriya recipe is a famous dish of south Rajasthan. It is made from rice flour and some spices which give it a unique delicious flavor. It is very soft or semi-liquid in form, so everyone can eat this, specially children or senior citizens. We can prepare and eat Rice Pith in any season but it is prepared specially in winter season. So try this recipe and share your experience in comment section. Share this with your friends and relatives.
Rajasthani Gheriya recipe video-
- Rice flour- 1 bowl
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves- 5
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Soda- 1 pinch
- Black pepper- 5
- Green chili- 4
- Cloves- 2
- Carom seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Peanut oil- 3 tbsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves (optional)
Rajasthani Gheriya recipe Step by Step –
- Grind green chili, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, carom seeds, garlic cloves, black pepper and cloves.
- Boil 2 bowl water in a pan and add grinded paste.
- Let it boil.
- After a boil add soda and salt,mix it well.
- Add rice flour and mix it very well.
- Add one more bowl water if needed.
- Cover it and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir it in regular interval otherwise it well stick to pan and burn.
- After 15 minutes its ready, add chopped coriander leaves and serve it with peanut oil.
- For serving we can make small balls of it and shallow fry them, sprinkle chat masala.