Indian food in incomplete without pickle. There are lot of variety of pickles in India. In summer we Indians making pickles and store them for a year. Pickles are sweet and sour in taste.
Murabba is very tasty and we can eat it with chapatti, puri, paratha, thepla etc. So let’s start the recipe of mango murabba.
Recipe Video –
- Raw mangoes- 1 kg
- Jaggery- 250 gm
- Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves- 15-16
- Black mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Achar masala – 3 tsp
- Wash, peel and grate the mangoes.
- Add 1 tsp salt in grated mangoes and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Extract water from grated mangoes (you can use this water to clean utensils).
- Spread grated mangoes on a kitchen towel for 5-6 hours.
- Heat a pan and add mustard oil.
- Add Jaggery, keep stirring on low flame until it melt down.
- Add curry leaves , black mustard seeds, fennel seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt after jaggery is melted very well.
- Mix it well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add achar masala and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add grated mangoes, mix it well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Tasty raw mango murabba is ready.
- Make murabba on low flame.
- To store it for longer time keep it in refrigerator.
- Use black jaggery because it is healthy for our body.