Most people do not like to eat bottle gourd vegetable so here is delicious lauki ka falahar recipe which is quick, easy to make and can be edible in fast also. It is also known as Calabash Gourd, White flower gourd, Doodhi, Dudhi, Ghiya, Lauki. Cook bottle gourd like this and I assure you that everyone will like its taste and no one complain that why bottle gourd. Also try this when you have fast like Navratri, Janmathami, Shivratri etc. You will love it.
Ingredients to make lauki ka falahar-
- Bottle gourd- 500 gram
- Potato- 500 gram
- Sugar- 1/2 tbsp
- Oil- 60 ml(1/4 cup)
- Sendha namak/ Fasting Salt- 1/2 tbsp
- Green chili- 2
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds- 1 tbsp
- Peanut powder- 1/3 cup
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dry fruits-5 (almond. pistachio)
- Coriander leaves
Recipe of lauki ka falahar-
- Firstly peel the bottle gourd and discard the stem. Place on a chopping board and cut the peeled bottle gourd.
- Peel the potato and cut them.
- Now take a pan and switch on the flame.
- Add oil and heat it.
- Now add cumin seeds, sesame seeds and fry them.
- Now add chopped green chilies and fry it.
- Now add Peanut powder and cook well.
- Finally add chopped bottle gourd and potato and mix it well.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, mix it well.
- Cover pan with lid and let them cook completely.
- Check it in regular interval otherwise it will burn.
- After it cook completely add chopped dry fruits, sugar and mix it well.
- Cook till sugar melted very well.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves, mix it well and Switch off the flame.
- Delicious bottle gourd sabzi is ready to eat.
- Serve hot with curd, puri and chapati.
- For plating you can decorate with chopped dry fruits and coriander leaves.
- Now enjoy its taste.
Buy measuring spoon set with big discount -only here- https://amzn.to/2CIioaI
Tips for making lauki ka falahar-
- If you do not eat turmeric and red chili powder in fast then skip it and use only green chilies according to your taste.
- Quantity of potato and bottle gourd should equal so then it taste best.
- You can add or remove dry fruits according to your taste.
- Do not make fine powder of peanuts.
- In you fast you can eat this with curd or falahari puri.
- Remove bottle gourd’s seeds so it taste better.
- Flame should be low to medium.