Today we are going to make special curd rice recipe called Oliya. This is a Rajasthani food / marwadi food, which is specially prepared on the occasion of Sheetla Ashtami and Sheetla saptami.
Curd rice recipe/Oliya is a very easy and delicious rice dessert recipes which is prepared using rice and curd, you can also make it with leftover rice. We can make two types of oliya- sweet oliya like kheer or namkeen oliya like curd rice. It can easily served as a cold summer dessert and can be easily stored for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
So, this summer, prepare Curd rice recipe/ Oliya as a dessert and surprise your family and guests.
Full Curd Rice Recipe/ Oliya Video –
Ingredients for Curd Rice Recipe-
- Cooked Rice- 4 cup
- Curd- 1 kg
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Cardamom’s Powder- 2 pinch
- Dried mint leaves Powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds Powder- 1 tsp
- Dry Fruits (cashew, pistachio, almond)
How to make Curd rice Recipe-
- For Sweet Oliya- In a big bowl add half kg curd, half quantity of cooked rice, cardamom’s powder, sugar, chopped dry fruits and mix them well.
- For Namkeen Oliya- In a big bowl add half quantity of cooked rice, half kg curd, salt, crushed dried mint leaves, cumin powder and mix them well.
Tips for Curd Rice Recipe-
- Mash rice before make oliya.
- Before adding curd whisk it well.
- Use fresh curd it should not sour.
- In sweet oliya add 1 tsp salt for increase its taste.
- Cook rice with some extra water because for this recipe sticky rice is good.
- You can make oliya and store it in refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Eat oliya after keep it in refrigerator for minimum 15 minutes, so it taste best.
- If oliya is very thick and you do not have more curd then you can add water.
- You can add saffron in sweet curd rice.