If you want to make a deliciously sweet Indian mithai in minutes, then coconut barfi is one of the best option. Coconut barfi can be prepared in just 15 minutes without khoya or mava. Recipe of finger-licking homemade coconut barfi is very easy and no special ingredients are needed. Coconut barfi / Nariyal barfi can be eaten during fast, vrat like navratri, mahashivratri and thursday fast also.
These grainy sweet coconut barfi can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Recipe Video –
- Grated coconut-1(2 bowl)
- Milk-1 cup
- Sugar- 6 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cashew, almond, kishmish – 4-5 pieces each
Coconut barfi recipe
- Saute the shredded coconut with ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Mix sugar and cook for another 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves in the mixture.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and Pour it in plate.
- Add dry fruits pieces and gently press it to stick in mixtures.
- Once it cools down, cut the barfi pieces and serve.
- To grease the plate properly heat the plate before greasing.
- If mixture is very soft then keep it in freeze before cutting the pieces.
- If it is hard to make pieces then heat the plate .
If you like this recipe, please subscribe our youtube channel “The Green Chilli” for more easy and delicious recipes and instant home remedies.
View more recipes